From Erlachhof to Ludwigsburg
The old central building is the center of the residential palace. Starting in 1704, architect Philipp Josef Jenisch built a hunting lodge on the Erlachhof. A year later, the ambitious duke christened his new palace "Ludwigsburg." His plans for the palace had already expanded: the structure was now going to be considerably more grand. To this end, Duke Eberhard Ludwig hired a new architect. In 1707, Johann Friedrich Nette came to Württemberg from Brandenburg.